Sunday, January 23, 2011
My Reflective piece by Izzy Montero
Throughout my school years, I have gotten detentions, Lunch Detentions, ISS, and the many other forms of punishment schools can give you. I even almost got to the point of being expelled. Now let me start this story off with the first time i ever got OSS(out of school suspension). I was a little delinquent (kidding, kidding). It was a mediocre day as i usually go running after my bus, with my loud heavy metal music blasting through my ears, almost missing the bus. The nice Columbian bus driver stops for me. As i walk in the bus, i humbly say Muchas Gracias SeƱora y buenos dias ( meaning thank you very much miss and good morning in spanish, yes i know I am so proper.) Every one on my bus is rowdy, loud and ghetto. As i make my way to my seat, this one rude black girl on the bus has the nerve to stick out her foot, trying to trip me. Not noticing, I kinda trip but I did not fall and i was not gonna let her get away with that. Boy was i pissed off. So then with the many nice words I use to curse her out ( I am not allowed to say them though), comes a swing from my hand and a slap on her face. And I was like @%&!, @%&!. Then she said "Ohh no you didn't". I slapped her as hard as i could again, as we were screaming colorful words at each other. For the third time i slap her, everyone on our bus gets rowdy and starts chearing "fight fight fight", "punch her", "yo make her bleed" and other comments. She finallly gets the message that this is a fight. So She hits me in the face back and i push her into the seat. We are both screaming and cursing. We start pulling each others hair and i am punching her in the stomach, thinking that I am gonna win this fight. I spit on her and started scratching her forehead and poking her eye out. At the same time i was kicking her brutally. The next thing i know, she is on top of me on the seat, and gosh she was heavy. Everyone on the bus was circling around us, cheering on, banging on the seats. The bus driver starts screaming in her spanish accent "sit down!! sit down!!". Then i grab a hold of her fake hair (weave) and I pull it all the way back, making her scream scornfully in pain. As i choke her with my other hand, she pulls my hair all the way down and trys to slap me everwhere. Then all of a sudden, the bus driver lifts her up off of me. I jump up, panting out of breath, trying to punch her. Then the vice principal gets a hold of me and holds me back. He screams "Stop fighting, you are both in big trouble" , as my bus driver says " i don't know what happen, it was a fight" and i am thinking "no duh sherlock". And then i was screaming at the girl i was fighting " come on fight me, we're gonna fight again, let me go!!" , while sticking up one of my middle fingers at her. All she did was glare at me and give me dirty looks, as she tryed to explain to the principal "it wasn't my fault, i didn't start it..." As the vice principal walks us the office, I was screaming " I don't care, i did not start it, she started it and i was only defending myself. " The principal gives us a lecture about police reports and fights. So we get to the office and we get into seprate rooms. Yawn, at this point i was thinking "oh great the office again". And its the usual, Miss. Patty, the secratery there, says " Emely what happened this time?, why are you in here for again." And I will tell you one thing, this office is my second home in the school besides the ISS room. Miss. Patty gives me a piece of paper to write down what happened and everything. I write down one sentence and it was "she tried to trip me, so i slapped her, and she wanted to fight, i was just defending myself". I hand the slip to Miss. Patty, who reads it and laughs. She says "Oh Emely you can't be doing that, fighting is not good for you. You should have just ignored her" with a big smile on her face. So i smile at her, laughing and slouching in my seat, with my feat up on the table saying "yeah i should have just ignored her". "Sic i beat her up so badly, you can't even imagine..." And Miss. Patty says "oh my god really, then how come you did not get hurt at all? , you don't even look like you got in a fight". I say " i know, thats why i won, i am too tough" She laughs and says " Alright Emely, you have to call your parents again. Just dial nine on the phone." I grab the phone, dialing my number and saying " I know Miss. Patty. I am in here every day". And the phone keeps ringing and nobody answers cause i know my parents are working. I say " My parents don't pick up after calling a couple times" Miss. Patty says " oh well, do you want any pretzels?" and i say " Hells yeah!" and she says " watch your language", laughing. So as she goes to get the pretzels, i am just thinking "dam i am the hottest thing on earth right now, i am too tough, too rough. Yeah man nothing can stop me right now. I beat her up so bad." I was not even thinking about my consequences because i did not care, i had no worries in the world. Miss. Patty comes back with pretzels for me in napkin and i am like "yeah Miss. Patty your the best" The principal comes in and says " Emely you have 5 days of OSS and i called your Dad to come pick you up in thirty minutes". So the principal walks me to the waiting area of the main office and says " wait till your dad comes to pick you up" and leaves. And so on and so on, I am thinking "word i just beat this girl up and now I get to go home and just chill all day. And its only 10:00 am." And so on though out the thirty minutes, kids just come in through the office, saying " yo i heard that you beat up this girl" and other exgerrated stories to go along with it, all with diffrent sides. I am thinking " i am the best thing ever" and i say " naa i just made her bleed from the head" exgerrating it even more, ect. And then my dad comes in and says lets go. He asks "what happened?". I wasn't in trouble or anything and i say casually "it was just a fight" and i tell him the story with the special features to go along with it. We just walk out the school together as he hears my story and he just takes me home. He says "wait until your mom gets home for her lunch break and then you can go outside". I say "word, bye dad I love you in spanish". So i am home all day by myself, blasting out my music, making the floor vibrate. And that was my first day ever getting OSS for five days. Man I had no worries in the world and i was just chilling, being me. I didn't even get in trouble (because my parents are used to it), and this was all in 7th grade. Now today, I look back to that story and i think " wow I wish i could go back to those days and have no worries in the world again."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment